#OnThisDay 1922 Seven IRA men were executed in the Curragh Prison, Kildare. They had attacked the FS Army’s supply lines, trains&shops in the area. An 8th man was shot “while trying to escape” the night of their capture. Three of the seven were still teenagers.
There names are:
• Stephen White (18) Kildare
• Joseph Johnston (18) Kildare
• Patrick Mangan (22)Kildare
• Patrick Nolan (34), Kildare
• Brian Moore (37), Kildare (Leader of the column)
• James O’Connor (24) Tipperary
• Patrick Bagnall (19) Kildare
2 thoughts on “Civil War Executions, Curragh Camp 1922”
Hello David, Shane McElhatton from RTE here, I was wondering what the source was for the photo of the six men executed in the Curragh in December 2022. I’d like to reproduce it in a blog.
Hi Shane, I sent you an email answering this.