#OnThisDay 1920, at 9:00 Michael Collins’ Squad killed 15 men in Dublin city, most were British intelligence officers. The retaliation from the British Authorities led to the Bloody Sunday shooting in Croke Park later that day.
(Pic: Not the Cairo gang, possibly the Igoe gang but most likely members of F Coy Auxiliaries. They are:
- 1. Dentith R. ADRIC no1017 Wounded 14 Mar 1921
- 2. Fletcher A F. ADRIC no890 . The IRA have him down as Irish and he was Irish
- 3. Moore F. ADRIC no 1393. The IRA have him down as Irish and he was Irish
- 4. Swaffer S D. ADRIC no1234
- 5. Dove C B. ADRIC no667
- 6. Appleford L.G. ADRIC no589 – Section Leader from 2 Dec 1920, shot 24 Jun 1921
- 7. Gorman H F ADRIC no 625
- 8. Winch A. ADRIC no 888 – later Intelligence Officer F Coy from 2 Jul 1921
- 9. McClean D F ADRIC No 588 , CQM from 2 Feb 1921, which would have been S/L grade
- 10.Stapley G.A. MM, Section Leader from 2 Oct 1920. ADRIC No 33
- 11. hidden behind the group).